Call for abstractsThe Organising Committee invites you to participate in the programme by submitting an abstract for either an oral or poster presentation of your original research.
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- Abstracts must be submitted on the PainSA 2018 Congress Abstract form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered and paid participants of the 2018 PainSA Congress. Completed registration must be received by Velocity Vision by 20 March, 2018 in order to be scheduled for presentation.
- Abstracts must be of original research and must not be, or have been, published or presented at any other South African meeting prior to the 2018 PainSA Congress.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts must have a word count of no more than 250 words.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the PainSA Congress Organising Committee.
Rules for submissionThe presenting author must be registered to attend the PainSA Congress and present the poster or oral presentation. The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission. By submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter confirms the following:
I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. Meeting website, programmes, other promotions, etc.)
The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content (“Content“) provided to the Organising Committee of the 2018 PainSA Congress. The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
The Abstract Submitter grants the Organisers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
The Organisers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
Abstract preparationUtilise the Abstract outline to submit your abstract. Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
- Author and co-authors’ details
Full first and family name(s).
Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title – limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements.(Please Note: do not include graphs/tables/images in the abstract)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
DisclosureDisclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.
Abstract selection and presentationAll abstracts will be reviewed by the Organising Committee.
Consideration will be given to the author’s preference concerning poster or oral presentation. Presenting authors will be notified via e-mail regarding the status of their abstract acceptance.
Deadline for submission of abstracts – Friday 2 March 2018
For further information or assistance please contact Janice Candlish via email email@example.com